]]>
]]>

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ekat 2007

Hello Again!

Well, our NBC team leaves for Ekat, RU on Friday morning! I can't believe we leave so soon and I haven't posted to our Ekat blog yet.

We have a lean and mean team this year. For the first week Jerry Pattillo (and NBC staff-er) and I leave for Ekat and Talk the Talk classes. I anticipate a lot of walking, running, and serving ... business as usual. . :))

For week two, Jerry and I will stay and welcome the veteran husband and wife team Chris and Holly.

Jerry and I will be relying heavily on each other as we and Darin's stint team lead/local team lead Russian students into the brave new world of knowledge and dependence on God. Personally I look forward to renewing old friendships and developing new ones.

Please P-R-A-Y for us! Please pray that:

  • we will be humble servants of God.
  • that students will consistently attend the classes.
  • for students to attend the weekend retreat.
  • that everyone we meet will be "open" to our message.
  • for divine appointments.
  • for Satan to be silenced ... he hates that! :)

But seriously folks, while I am in Russia I have a brother-in-law that will be having surgery for kidney cancer. I am both excited and worried about leaving at this point in time. I am excited for all the new people I will meet and entwine my life with. And I am worried about those I leave behind and their plight in this life. I know I will be back to join their struggles, but the uncertainty of surgery and cancer grips my whole family. Right now I can't give you much more of a prayer request other than P-R-A-Y! For us and for Robbie (my brother-in-law). Pray, Pray, Pray .... God will accomplish the rest; 30, 60 and even a 100 fold.

The prayers of the righteous availth much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home